The Hawaii Destination Specialist program is a very effective way to quickly increase your knowledge and booking capabilities for Hawaii. This three-tier, self-guided course will teach you the basics, from Hawaii’s geography and culture, to the unique attributes of each island. It will help you to identify the type of traveller best suited for each island, and how to ensure that your clients have the best experience imaginable.
The information and content for each level comes with its own set of benefits and resources that will lead to increased bookings and elevate the overall quality of visitors’ experiences. The Destination Specialist program benefits include: Specialist-Only Webinars, a one-year subscription to HAWAII Magazine, consumer referrals, continuing education credits from the Travel Institute, access to the e-postcard marketing tool and use of the Hawaii Destination Specialist logo.
WIN - WIN - WIN
Complete the program for your chance to win a 5-night stay at the incredible Kā‘anapali Beach Hotel, "Hawaii’s most Hawaiian Hotel" on beautiful Maui!
Hawaii Destination Specialist Program Description: Level One
“Why Hawaii”? From touching on the destination’s rich experiences to the six unique journeys on each island, we will share what makes this destination so special, and why selling Hawaii is a solid business decision that can generate happy customers, repeat sales and lucrative commissions.
Certification One: Introduction to The Hawaii Destination Specialist Program
- Chapter One: Overview
- Chapter Two: A Cultural Introduction
- Chapter Three: Geography, Transportation & Climate
- Chapter Four: Accommodations
- Chapter Five: Activities, Events, Food & More
- Chapter Six: Agents.Gohawaii.com
Certification Two: Selling The Hawaiian Islands
- Chapter One: Hawaii's Uniqueness
- Chapter Two: The Hawaii Customer
- Chapter Three: The Bucket List Traveller
- Chapter Four: The Arts & Culture Traveller
- Chapter Five: Romance & Destination Weddings
- Chapter Six: The Golf Traveller
- Chapter Seven: The Outdoor Recreation Traveller
- Chapter Eight: Cross-Selling & Up Selling the Islands
The sky is the limit! Reach towards the stars and promote the Hawaiian Islands better than ever before with a stronger understanding of each island’s geography, native cultures, and picture-perfect experiences. Built to share the timeless beauty of the six unique islands, this program has everything you need to create an itinerary like none other.
Certification Three to Six: In Depth Island Training
- Certifications Three: Kauai Specialist
- Certifications Four: Oahu Specialist
- Certifications Five: Maui Nui
- Certifications Six: Hawaii Island Specialist
After completing the Island Specialist program, you’ll be given the opportunity to earn a Master Specialist designation, which will truly confirm the depth of your Hawaii knowledge!
You must login to take this course.
Login or Register